Thursday, July 14, 2005

Time

I have this whole list of things I would do if I had more of it. But it seems all I do is look at that list and wonder where it all went. Everybody seems to need a moment of it (usually more). Occasionally, when I find a couple free minutes of it, I'll see something on TV about a great new product that can save me lots of it. But isn't my potential savings all used up on the minutes that I sat and watched that dumb commercial?

Other people seem to have lots of it, so much that they can't find enough things to fill it up. So did my share get mistakenly handed out to them? Sometimes I wish you could buy it, like adding minutes to your phone. Pay-as-you-go. But I wouldn't be able to afford enough of it, so that's really no help either.

And then I realize that even if I did have more of it, it would never be enough. Something new and unexpected always pops up and takes it, and then I'm back to where I started. So I've come to accept that whatever we're given is just the right amount.

Now, where did I put that list...

No comments: