Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Four

Today makes four. Four years since my life was graced by the presence of a creation so small and wondeful, I was changed forever. Each year seems to go by a little faster now. As I mark the milestones of my miracle son, I breathe a sigh and shed a tear for the missed milestones of my miracle daughter.

Elena, you came to breathe life into me that wasn't there before. You submitted to the will of God and served a purpose so great, my human mind will never fully grasp the magnitude of it. You stole our hearts in a quick second but filled them for a lifetime.

I love you, beyond this world's definition of love.
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma can't improve on Mommy's heart and love. So beautifully said, and true for us all.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Thank you for it, all of it. It really touched my heart, helped me with my own experiences. You are so real, and your faith is so deep.

I hope I can learn from that.

I just know Elena was beautiful, inside and out. How could she not be, with a mother who writes like you do?